all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total
  • Two-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg, 100 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg (alternating left and right), 100 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 48 kg (alternating left and right), 10 get-ups total.

• Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 1 minute non-stop swings (left hand), 1 minute rest; 1 minute of nonstop swings (again left hand), 1,5 minutes rest; 1 minute nonstop swings (again left hand). 20 minutes rest, and then the same protocol on my right hand. All with 48 kg, more than 150 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 40 kg (alternating left and right), nonstop, 10 get-ups total.
Notes: Travelling seems highly unlikely hence another peaking session - I will do it for the next 2-3 Fridays. I am using a protocol that Pavel shared in one of the recent newsletters.

One-arm swings: Well, not fun, the second and third round I did not manage to do the full minute, but: first round I did - 37 one-hand swings nonstop. Second and third round somewhere between 20-30. All with 48 kg Beast. I know that the second and third sessions will be better. Good.

Get-ups: 40 kg is light - I did them back-to-back in about 6-7 minutes. Good.

Additional note to yesterday's session

I am just a little bit sore - not much, just a bit. Good.

Easy and comfortable session. Good.

• One-arm swings: 10 sets of 10 with 56 kg (alternating left and right), 100 swings total.

• One-arm swings: 1 minute non-stop swings (left hand), 1 minute rest; 1 minute of nonstop swings (again left hand), 1 minute rest; 1 minute nonstop swings (again left hand). 20 minutes rest, and then the same protocol on my right hand. All with 48 kg, 155 swings in total.
  • Get-ups: 10 sets of 1 with 40 kg (alternating left and right), nonstop, 10 get-ups total.

One-arm swings: Again, not fun. First round pretty good - I did - 37 one-hand swings nonstop on my left in the first set (38 on my right in the second series). Second set 25, third set 20 (in both series).

Get-ups: 40 kg is light. Good.

Last edited:
  • Goblet Squat: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total.
Easy session.

Swings - comfortable. Get-ups - felt heavier today, dunno why.

• One-arm swings: 1 minute non-stop swings (left hand), 1 minute rest; 1 minute of nonstop swings (again left hand), 1 minute rest; 1 minute nonstop swings (again left hand). 20 minutes rest, and then the same protocol on my right hand. All with 48 kg, 155 swings in total.

One-arm swings: Again, not fun. 37 one-hand swings nonstop on my left in the first set (38 on my right in the second series). Second set 25, third set 20 (in both series). I am pretty happy with the technique - no lower back strain whatsoever, all legs, hips, glutes, and abs. Forearm after the second round and especially the third one - rock solid.

Get-ups: 48 kg - just right.

We will see next week - if Fortuna allows, let's give the Sinister test a shot.

• Goblet Squat: 3 sets of 5 with 56 kg, 15 squats total.
Easy session.

Today's session: Sinister Test

I did the 100 swings in 5 mins, but I wasn't happy with my last 2 sets - they can be better. I did not do the get-ups - grip no prob at all, breathing pretty good, but I was tired.

The journey continues!

Back
Top Bottom