all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice:

- 10x10 2-hand overspeed eccentric swings with 32 kg
- 5x1 static-dynamic get-ups with 32 kg

Today's quote:

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi"
Today's picture:

Promo poster for a big launch of S&S in Czech - this Sunday!

krest-knihy-simple-sinister.jpg

Yesterday's practice:

None, just easy Super Joints. Food poisoning, rough night, rough day.

Feeling OK today, back to training.

Today's practice: Just very light training.

- 10x10 2-hand overspeed eccentric swings with 24 kg
- 5x1 static-dynamic get-ups with 24 kg

Getting ready for a big day tomorrow.

Today's practice:

-10x10 swings with 32 kg (the bell was begging: "snatch me!")
- 5x1 get-ups with 32

Today's celebration: Official launch of Czech edition of Pavel's Kettlebell Simple & Sinister

- intro
- speeches of the publishing team
- short free seminar - S&S move-prep: Prying goblet squat, SF hip bridge, halo
- demo of the main program - 10x10 swings, 5x1 get-ups
- official launch ceremony, premium Russian vodka included
- 3 absolutely non-Paleo cakes: S&S, swing, and get-up.

Lots of people, video coming soon! Czechia is getting Strong - StrongFirst!
944079_571666429654870_3818987379923982795_n.jpg

This is great. Congratulations for the book launch and the promotion. I wish I still live in Prague, I could have tasted the vodka. :)

A big day for you in more ways than one, Pavel! Congratulations on your promotion to StrongFirst Senior Instructor. StrongFirst as "a school of personal development, hidden behind lifting iron", I think you are right about that. Quite an incredible organization, and you are a very worthy representative.

@jef thank you. My students immediately renamed the vodka brand as "Tears of Pavel's Victims". Let me know how is your SG1 prep going and if I can help.

@Anna C thank you for your kind words. Yes, we are an organization, but we are much more than that - a band of brothers and sisters, family, team. I am fortunate to know so many great people, and I sincerely hope we will meet in person in the near future.

@Pavel Macek, preparation is going well. I am reaching the simple goal and slowly transitionning to ROP. I believe it should provide a good base before doing a more specific preparation.
I was thinking of contactiong you soon. I will certainly need some sessions to dial in the technique !

@jef I personally recommend to start @Brett Jones 's SFG1 Prep Program. We use it all the time with our students, and it never fails to deliver results. Sure thing, make a trip to Prague (Lesley that was on the course with you is coming in February for same reason), or contact any of the experienced SFGs from Slovakia.

Today's practice:

- 3x5 goblet squats, 24 kg
- one-arm swings, 10x10 - 40 kg
- get-ups, 5x1 - 36 kg

Notes:

- I think I finally get the "wedging" under a heavier bell in the roll to elbow in the get-up.
- Interesting thing about heavier bells is that they sometimes change the technique quite a lot. It is heavier, yes, so there is much less room for deviation for a perfect technique - you can hinge earlier with 24, but not so much with 44. Also, the center of gravity is different - get-up with 24 has different angles than with 40.
- I really enjoy the deload days with lighter weight (overspeed eccentric swings, static-dynamic get-ups) - I fell they are a great help.

Today's quote and reminder: “The taller the bamboo grows, the lower it bows" (竹高愈躬)

@Abdul Rasheed thank you.

Today's practice:

- one-arm swings, 10x10 - 44 kg
- get-ups, 5x1 - 36 kg

Today's tip: Roll to elbow part of get-up always tells me the rest of the whole movement. Practice this movement a lot, with a lighter weight, and your get-ups will significantly improve. Move better, get stronger.

Today's practice:

- one-arm swings, 10x10 - 44 kg
- get-ups, 5x1 - 36 kg

I was sore, tired, had a bad sleep - but still had a great training. My right side suddenly works as the left in get-ups, after five months. Good.

I am thinking of how clever is the incorporating of the density principle in S&S. It seems that S&S actually means Simple, but very Smart.

- one-arm swings, 10x10 - 440 kg
- get-ups, 5x1 - 32 kg

Easier practice.

Oh, and here is a short clip from an official launch of Kettlebell Simple & Sinister's Czech edition. Full report coming soon.

@Stefan Olson what do you mean? ...Oh, I see, haha

@Henningb thank you! So far the interest is even better than we expected, happy!

Back
Top Bottom