all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP support group

Can you post a link to that post? Thanks.

-S-
@Steve Freides sorry, I would have included when I posted but couldn't put my finger on it. I just took a harder look and still can't find it, but in doing so, I see you've approached rest in the ROP in different ways. The one I was referring to led to this:

0:00 Rung 1
1:00 Rung 2
3:00 Rung 3
6:00 Rung 4
10:00 Rung 5
15:00 Rung 1 of next ladder

Last edited:
@Steve Freides sorry, I would have included when I posted but couldn't put my finger on it. I just took a harder look and still can't find it, but in doing so, I see you've approached rest in the ROP in different ways. The one I was referring to led to this:

0:00 Rung 1
1:00 Rung 2
3:00 Rung 3
6:00 Rung 4
10:00 Rung 5
15:00 Rung 1 of next ladder
@Steve Freides I finally realized I could search my own content, which is a lot easier than searching yours! Here it is, pretty far down in the post:

ROP: Swings @ CP weight or heavier (what id normally do)?
Started today CP @ 24.
Rolled 6min for swings. Did emom @ 40kg *20.12.12.12.12.10
Not sure if that's what people have found as best practice...
Thx.

Last edited:
I have a question:

On the heavy day when I can do 5 sets (1,2,3) and work up to 4 does that mean i do an additional 5 sets of (1,2,3,4) the same day?

Then the next week do i start back at (1,2,3) or do just start at the (1,2,3,4)?

Heavy Day of 5 x 1-2-3 would be followed, one week later, by Heavy Day of

1 x 1-2-3-4

plus

4 x 1-2-3

You will always do 5 ladders, on all three training days of the week, once you reach 5 x 1-2-3.

-S-

Hi @Steve Freides. You mentioned that it takes you 13 weeks for each size kettlebell before you make a jump on ROP. Can you give us a rough outline of how you approach that? IE how to build up your volume) I know Pavel addresses this, but does so very briefly in Enter the Kettlebell. And I think everyone has their tweak on it, if anyone else could chime in.

For example: when you start with a heavier bell, do you start right in with ladders up to three on the "easy" day? For me this last time, that was a pretty big leap. Or do you ever do weeks of only of singles and doubles when you start with a new bell? (And still get to the goal of 5xL5 within 13 weeks?)

@Jud Crandall,

It's posted earlier in this thread. Here are your heavy days, 13 of them:

3 x 1-2-3
4 x 1-2-3
5 x 1-2-3

1 x 1-2-3-4, 4 x 1-2-3
2 x 1-2-3-4, 3 x 1-2-3
3 x 1-2-3-4, 2 x 1-2-3
4 x 1-2-3-4, 1 x 1-2-3
5 x 1-2-3-4

1 x 1-2-3-4-5, 4 x 1-2-3-4
2 x 1-2-3-4-5, 3 x 1-2-3
3 x 1-2-3-4-5, 2 x 1-2-3
4 x 1-2-3-4-5, 1 x 1-2-3
5 x 1-2-3-4-5

-S-

Good stuff . . . I was thinking of going on "Chinese Food" for a few weeks, but I think I'll just start from scratch using this, keeping my heavy day at 18 reps the first week.

Thanks
Jud

Since the reopening of Texas didnt go according to plan I will be back doing ROP with my 24kg kettlebell in my garage.
Yup. I had been enjoying barbell for a while, but when the governor opened gyms I wasn't ready to go back yet (not when I can train outside in Houston in the summer). It's been good. All my training used to be in the garage and has been again since March. Am a couple of weeks out from starting ROP again as well.

Hey guys, so i'm going trough rop and on last heavy day I did

2x 1,2,3,4,5
3x 1,2,3,4

Then the week after that I tested with a heavier weight.
My question is:
should I proceed with 3x1...5 or should I "skip" a heavy day due to replacing it with a test day and go straight to 4x1...5?

okay:

Session 33:
heavy
C&P 20kg
2x 1,2,3,4,5
3x 1,2,3,4
w/ pullups

Session 34:
thursday, light
Military press 20kg
5x 1,2,3
w/ pullups

Session 35:
Medium
C&P 20kg 5x 1,2,3,4
w/pullups

Session 36:
Test
C&P 25kg KB 4/4

Session 37:
easy
Military press 20kg KB 5x 1,2,3
W/ pullups

that's the gist of it, thanks!

Didn’t follow the standard protocol of Simple then ROP. Was doing 1hs/ TGU w the 24 but switched it up.
I have this annoying problem of sleeping wonky and it hurting my neck/shoulder and I missed 2 days of ROP. came back STRONG today. Felt so good I did a few snatches with the 24 for the first time and cleaned the 32 for the first time ever!!!!! Feeling amazing this am!
Anyone else run ROP as a break from S and S with success?
I feel like my strength is sort of off balance... I feel like I should be able to 1hs w the 32 if I don’t have much trouble pressing the 24 but I just can’t dial in the 32 1hs... it was months away for sure so I figured I’d give ROP a run...

Th

thanksb didn’t even see this on here til now. Currently working ROP with the 24. Doing the pull-ups too. Loving it.

Watch out for the escalating volume during the last couple of weeks of the ROP cycle, especially if you do weighted pullups.

60-90 minutes of heavy lats-centric work requires deliberate recovery planning and some serious stretching.

Watch out for the escalating volume during the last couple of weeks of the ROP cycle, especially if you do weighted pullups.

60-90 minutes of heavy lats-centric work requires deliberate recovery planning and some serious stretching.
Good looking out. For the variety days so far I’ve just done get ups so I don’t lose em. Not really hell bent on pushing myself harder than the prescribed ROP days. Recovery feels like the key here. And eating. My pull-ups aren’t weighted. Only at about a 5RM so I’m just doing them BW only. Any other tips?

Back
Top Bottom