S&S 2.0 out now on kindle

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by Bauer, Oct 30, 2019.

1. conor78

conor78 More than 500 posts Certified Instructor

Looking forward to this. OS for the next month then back to S/S. The original is a classic. Would have loved the inclusion of From Simple to Sinister: Waving Volume on S&S | StrongFirstPavels article
    as I’ll start this in December.
    But going to order the paperback and enjoy over the festive season..

Discipulus likes this.
  2. PaulAllen

PaulAllen Still New to StrongFirst Forum

All, Im soon to be 61 and am following the original book working upto 24 on the TGU and just starting working in the 32 on swings. Is the new book something for me at my age to consider? My goals are to get to own simple and see what comes next!

3. Abdul-Rasheed

Abdul-Rasheed Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I received my hard copy too. I did a quick read in one sitting. Excellent work. I loved it. I am going to have to read it again more thoroughly again.

Sean M likes this.
  4. Sean M

Sean M Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Paul - Definitely get the new version. The “new” Simple standard (called “Timeless Simple”) is 10 x 10 one-arm swings and 5 getups per side, both with 32kg, in one session (no time target); the Simple challenge is the 5:00/10:00 time limit.

Discipulus, ShawnM and Bauer like this.
  5. Sean M

Tonight I tested my Timeless Simple baseline. Swings were good, 32kg getups were rusty (it’s been a while), the rest were with 28kg. So I have a bit of work to do bringing the getups up to standard!

6. PaulAllen

PaulAllen Still New to StrongFirst Forum

Will do Thanks!

7. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

Received my hard copy today with note from Pavel. So honored to be in it! I love all the revisions. All of the great is still there. Any of the unclear has now been clarified.

karp, Guy Adini, SFSparky and 12 others like this.
  8. Sean M

@Anna C That sums it up perfectly!

9. LejonBrames

LejonBrames Triple-Digit Post Count

I really love this redefined S&S and more thorough insight into progression

Guy Adini, SFSparky, fnds and 2 others like this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Triple-Digit Post Count

Love it! Looking forward to adding 2h swings and not worrying about the time standards for now. Timeless simple, here I come!

11. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Quadruple-Digit Post Count Elite Certified Instructor

Interesting that the standard is now different from the challenge..

Guy Adini likes this.
  12. Roland Roppelt

Roland Roppelt Double-Digit Post Count

I like the new version, but i can not find straw breathing (just flipped trough it two times).
    Timeless Simple is a good idea imo, and i love the 2hswing focus.

Guy Adini likes this.
  13. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

Yes, straw breathing and one other breathing technique have been removed.

Btw, there is only one a little inconsistent mention of the session lasting barely 30 minutes that has made it into the new edition.

I love that the update is more true to being or becoming strong first.

14. HUNTER1313

HUNTER1313 More than 500 posts

With 2.0, what is the time frame for a session? I usually do the swings emom to try and keep the session length down.

15. Sean M

Talk-test based recovery, no specific time frame given. Because you are starting with a bell you are competent with for 10 x 10 and 1/5, and only 1 set at a time is with a heavier bell, it shouldn’t be that drawn out. It’s probably even faster on two-hand swing days (every 2-3 sessions).

Discipulus and Bauer like this.
  16. piratebum

piratebum Triple-Digit Post Count

wish I had this years ago. chased time for a long while

17. malleus

malleus Triple-Digit Post Count

The new version is just beautiful!

Sean M likes this.
  18. wespom9

wespom9 More than 500 posts Certified Instructor

Not available yet on amazon.ca, and already sold out in paperback on amazon.com! wow

19. ohnbye

ohnbye Double-Digit Post Count

Try googling for the kindle version and you might find it... I noticed the UK kindle version was available on Wednesday I think but didn’t order it straight away, when I came back it had disappeared (and still isn’t back) but I managed to find it and buy it by googling for the kindle version. Might be a similar thing in Canada?

Guy Adini likes this.
  20. Tom Furman

Tom Furman Still New to StrongFirst Forum

Yeah, the black on black photos were troublesome. Again, distinctions and not taking away from the product.