all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
October 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. Mobility work is starting to pay off, as I am not as stiff in the mornings any more. As good as the 20 kg kettlebell feels in my hands, I don't quite feel like I am owning it so far. But, I am seeing progress.

You can always improve your fitness if you keep training.
Pastor Maldonado

October 3

Well, that was an interesting day. Mid-afternoon, DOMS hit me in the abs........hard. Almost like a cramp, hard. I guess the weighted hip bridges weren't the best idea after all. Oh well, lessons learned, right? Right! So, an evening of light stretching it was, with some good results.

October 4-6

Well, that was a lazy few days. I made excuses not to train instead of training.

October 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I spent about 30 minutes stretching before training today. It did feel good, to stretch like that. My session was solid from start to finish. I needed that after 3 days of being lazy.

October 8

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Arm Bar
T-Spine Mobility drills

Mobility work today. Work ran late, so just some stretching and off to darts for the evening.

October 9

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good, steady session tonight. I focused on recovery again tonight, which felt real good. I also paused at each stage of the get up, making sure I was solid and steady, before moving to the next stage. That felt great, and I noticed that I tend to rush sometimes, so that was informative. I also found that I wasn't always completely under the kettlebell, which was a result of rushing, so that is also taken care of now.

October 10

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 28 kg

Soju & Tuba 3 x 2/2 x 28 kg

Late night of work led to inserting S&T as my workout tonight. This pressing program is just so enjoyable. I dropped down to the 28 kg to focus again on form and technique. I feel that I have been rushing through the routines, instead of being mindful of form, so I am slowing down a tad to ensure that I am in the correct form as well as mindset.

October 11

What a day this was. Doctor's appointment goes over an hour later that scheduled, which pushes my work schedule back, to make sure I get 8 hours of work done. Plus, rugby practice is tonight as well. So, I got some light stretching done on my hamstrings, and lots of waking during practice is all I accomplished today. On the plus side, my hamstrings felt great all night!

October 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good, steady session this evening. Took my time, recovered between sets, and felt great when I was done.

October 14

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another punch the clock session today. Slow & steady, with adequate recovery time is the plan for now. I will start reducing the recovery time starting this week. It is time to start making progress. I will still keep the S&T sessions, but I may instead go back to the Strength Aerobics to supplement my S&S work instead.

October 15

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 2/2 x 28 kg

S&T was the plan for the session tonight, and it hit the spot. I took longer stretching, I've been having trouble keeping my hamstrings loose lately. So, extra focus on stretching them out, then some simple pressing.

October 17

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another recovery session tonight. It feels good to work on recovery, but I know I need to challenge myself. So, this weekend will have to be when it is done. Until then, slow & steady.

Last edited:
October 18

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 32 kg

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2/2 x 32 kg

Strong session tonight. I was really feeling it, so I went for the 32 kg for both my Goblet Squats & presses. I think I found my limit pressing the 32 kg. These 5 sets were challenging, but satisfying.

October 20

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I was going to challenge myself today, but life got in the way. So, another session that was more about recovery than challenge.

October 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 32 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 2/2 x 28 kg

Felt like pressing today, so, S&T it was. The 28 kg felt just right for this session. Challenging enough to make me recover, but not too much. All around good session.

October 22

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility drills

Mobility was the thought today. While I work some of these exercises daily, I don't do them like I feel I should be doing them. Time is usually the delimiting factor. So, today was slow down and stretch day. It felt good all around to limber up. I think I will keep one day a week for just mobility, because I felt really good afterwards.

October 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
2HS 10 x 24 kg EMOM for 20 minutes
Clean & Press 1/1 x 24 kg, 2/2 x 24 kg, 3/3 x 24 kg, 7 sets of each

It has been a rough week, overtime ate away my time to get a workout in all week, I did do some basic mobility work though. I finally got time to workout this afternoon. I have been going to challenge myself, but life kept getting in the way over the last couple of weeks. So, today was challenge day. I had thought of trying the 10,000 swing challenge, but I decided that I would go 10 2HS EMOM as long as I could, keeping an eye on form. 20 minutes was my ceiling today. I did do the presses between sets of swings, with my last set of presses about a minute after the last set of presses. This was some workout. I may follow the 10k challenge format for the next 4 weeks, because I really enjoyed this workout.

October 29

Active mobility day today. I spent about an hour stretching, rocking, and just loosening up after yesterday's session. I spent time on the foam roller as well, sometimes that is a miracle worker. 200 swings and clean and pressing again tomorrow.

October 30/October 31

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility drills

Life is a b!tch. After my wonderful session on Sunday, followed by nothing more than mobility training all week, has me bummed again. Getting home so late that my choice is workout or eat dinner, after a day of testing software issues, food is needed. My mobility seems to be improving, but that wasn't my intended goal for the last two months of this year. On the plus side, this testing should not last much longer, so I have that to look forward to soon.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom