For when “strong” is your job
The StrongFirst Lifting Curriculum and training methodology has been developed and refined by our Founder and Chairman, Pavel Tsatsouline, and our Chief SFL, Dr. Michael Hartle. At this three-day event, SFL Candidates will focus on three timeless lifts, as well as the essential accessory movements. In the process, you will learn our principle-based barbell training system and how to teach it and the lifts to others.
Our SFL Certifications are taught by the most qualified barbell instructors on the planet, all hand-picked by Pavel or Doc Hartle. Each SFL Candidate must meet a high standard in strength, movement skill, and coaching.
The following foundational barbell exercises will be taught at the SFL:
- Back Squat
- Bench Press
- Deadlift (Conventional and Sumo)
- Front Squat
- Zercher Squat
- Good Morning
- Military Press
- Several Bench Press Variations
- Principles. Like all of our Certifications, the SFL is principle based. The same principles from our SFG and SFB Curriculum apply here. The system remains the same. The tool is now the barbell.
- Strength. This Certification will make you a stronger person, not only in your barbell lifts, but in your other lifts and endeavors as well.
- Education. If you are or aspire to be a true strength coach, the SFL is a fundamental credential. The essential rules and nuances of technique, safety, and programming with the barbell are delivered during this intensive three-day hands-on event. Even if you are not a strength coach, the techniques will help you become a stronger athlete all around.
- Focus. Like all of our Certifications and Courses, the SFL is also both narrow and deep. We feel it’s better to take a deep dive on a few lifts, the most important lifts, in order to build you into better strength professionals.
- Scalability. Contrary to popular belief, the barbell can be used by nearly anyone. Members of the StrongFirst community send us stories of their success with barbell training in spite of age, injury, or other issues. The barbell is a great tool, available at almost all gyms. In this Certification, you will learn how to scale and progress appropriately.
- Programming. You will receive an education in programming that will serve you well in all areas of your training and your teaching of others. The sophistication, applicability, and effectiveness of the StrongFirst programming taught at the SFL Certification is the most commonly marveled-at component to the weekend.
- Grow your business. Bench, squat, and deadlift. They are performed in gyms all over the world. Develop an expert eye in addition to a clear understanding of strength optimization and safety in execution. Become a more in-demand strength professional in your area.
- Challenge yourself. As with our other Certifications, you cannot purchase this qualification. You will need to prepare in order to pass this Certification and earn the title of StrongFirst Lifter (SFL).