all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Alactic + Aerobic

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
aerobic progress:
93min run - 07.16.2017.PNG 93min run - 12,66km - 133avg/139max - 8,2km/h - index: 49 this was from 07/16/2017, 14 months ago

todays run on the same course:
90min run - 09.16.PNG 90min run - 12,60km - 119avg/124max - 8,4km/h - index:60

bodyweight must be almost the same 83-85 kg throughout the timeframe

A+A feeds each other: snatching makes run/row easier, run/row makes snatching easier. Slowly, steadily, surely.

aerobic progress:
View attachment 6343 93min run - 12,66km - 133avg/139max - 8,2km/h - index: 49 this was from 07/16/2017, 14 months ago

todays run on the same course:
View attachment 6344 90min run - 12,60km - 119avg/124max - 8,4km/h - index:60

bodyweight must be almost the same 83-85 kg throughout the timeframe

A+A feeds each other: snatching makes run/row easier, run/row makes snatching easier. Slowly, steadily, surely.
You're running farther, faster and with less 'biological cost'. I'm sold.. where do I enter my credit card info? I'm ready to be Steve Austin, bionic man :cool:

You're running farther, faster and with less 'biological cost'. I'm sold.. where do I enter my credit card info? I'm ready to be Steve Austin, bionic man
In the comparison above I did not ran faster or further but definitely a lot less "biological cost", as this is the metric which makes me content since working A+A. But in reverse that means I could run farther and faster.

It took me just some time, to be able to run at that low heart rates. I am not very fast, but relaxed. With 119 bpm average I am exactly 20bpm under my MAF. As I like to say MAF is almost hardcore, at least to me. If I would chose that as my aim, I would do it around 30-45 min say 3-5 times a week. 65%-70% of my hr max seems to be my zone where I do and should be doing my bunch of base endurance work. This I could do every day. Endurance work for me is to build up basic aerobic functioning and to just relax, breathe, locomote and recover. And it does that. Endurance is a skill.

In the comparison above I did not ran faster or further but definitely a lot less "biological cost", as this is the metric which makes me content since working A+A. But in reverse that means I could run farther and faster.

It took me just some time, to be able to run at that low heart rates. I am not very fast, but relaxed. With 119 bpm average I am exactly 20bpm under my MAF. As I like to say MAF is almost hardcore, at least to me. If I would chose that as my aim, I would do it around 30-45 min say 3-5 times a week. 65%-70% of my hr max seems to be my zone where I do and should be doing my bunch of base endurance work. This I could do every day. Endurance work for me is to build up basic aerobic functioning and to just relax, breathe, locomote and recover. And it does that. Endurance is a skill.

I’m glad to read this. I started taking my HR while out walking the dog +8kg. Most of the time I was around 90-120bpm usually hovering around 105bpm. I was concerned this ‘wasn’t enough’ and am considering upping the weight. The trouble is I’ll spike to 150-160 at the end of a long staircase or steep hill.

As I like to say MAF is almost hardcore, at least to me. If I would chose that as my aim, I would do it around 30-45 min say 3-5 times a week. 65%-70% of my hr max seems to be my zone where I do and should be doing my bunch of base endurance work. This I could do every day. Endurance work for me is to build up basic aerobic functioning and to just relax, breathe, locomote and recover. And it does that. Endurance is a skill.
I'm learning quickly... Thanks Harald

I’m glad to read this. I started taking my HR while out walking the dog +8kg. Most of the time I was around 90-120bpm usually hovering around 105bpm. I was concerned this ‘wasn’t enough’ and am considering upping the weight. The trouble is I’ll spike to 150-160 at the end of a long staircase or steep hill.

I think the last paragraph of Harald's post answers and says alot. Repeated over and over, not shiny or fancy, just a working man's entry into the world of strength endurance, simply put, if you do the work intelligently and consistently you'll be rewarded. I'm enjoying the work.

I think the last paragraph of Harald's post answers and says alot. Repeated over and over, not shiny or fancy, just a working man's entry into the world of strength endurance, simply put, if you do the work intelligently and consistently you'll be rewarded. I'm enjoying the work.

I’m loving it. We did a 2 hour walk today through the bush, which was very easy - definitely recharged me after nearly an hour of snatching!

I am looking to get into the world of A+A training. As a 37 year old firefighter and father of 3 it sounds almost too good to be true. After a few Google searches, scouring the forums and reading the articles on the site, I’m still at a loss on where to get started. I’m knocking on the door of the simple standard and trail run occasionally. Is there a source I’m missing that really brings it all together? Thanks and sorry if it’s a silly post.

@Harald Motz and all: do you think it's a bad idea to do the cardio immediately after the kettlebell practice? I've read many times that this better be avoided, but wanted to know your opinion. I've read that it's a bad idea after barbell training, but I wonder if it this applies to an A+A or S&S session.

Last edited:
@Oscar : In my opinion it's a bad idea when going to long and or to hard on the endurance activity. After strength training just view it as an active recovery. I think an important aspect is, also for endurance training in general, to start easily. Right after strength training the hr is somewhat elevated and then especially, when starting locomoting to hard, it gets difficult to settle the hr. Around half an hour could be just about right. Breathe easily and rhythmically trough the nose and try to move effortless.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom