all posts post new thread

Kettlebell AXE Training Thread

Well…bought AXE, did it with snatches and a 28kg (out of town for work). I stayed Primarily in zone 2 and it was 4/15. Maybe i need To up the reps? I’ve always been a turd with programming….

Attachments

• IMG_1212.png
    IMG_1212.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 31
Yesterday 1H swing test: 48kg, 4/18(shoulder stopped me)
Today was 1H Jerk test: 48kg, 4/1416(talk test stopped me)

Aiming to switch to high frequency single KB work. AXE 1H swings(A), Jerks(B) and high volume speed metal/fast and loose light(16kg, 5E30) snatches(C) with stop signs for all.

DAYMONTUESWEDTHURSFRI
AMCCCCC
PMABCAB

100# to lose, here we go.

Last edited:
4/15 is a good starting point.
If it doesn't feel like you're finding a stop sign feel free to test yourself by continuing till you find one, and use that as your bench mark for now.

Take it as a step load for a couple weeks or so. And when it feels easier, have a test day. find your next step load via bumping into a stop sign. (The book does a good job of listing these stop signs for you) as soon as you find your stop sign that's the new step load volume.

If you max out at 40 sets then finish up that step load till it feels easy, like the other ones, and then test again with the 6 rep sets.

Don't worry, the tonnage will catch up with you very soon.

Last edited:
Finishing out my Quick and Dead 044 Cycle with a 20KG kettlebell this week (I've spent a good 14 weeks on Q&D 044 with Iron Cardio sessions (10-20 minutes duration - varying load from 16KG to 32KG on the roll of a dice). It's a good thing I re-read AXE again today, because I plan to also drill the H2H Swing before I do my first AXE Test in the New Year and determine the load (likely between 24KG to 32KG) I'll be using.

Probably how next week will look:

Drill H2H swings with my 24KG bell all next week to make sure I've got the form right (I've been doing snatches only for several weeks)
Do my last two Q&D sessions
Start the New Year right with AXE
Are you doing iron cardio straight after Q&D or the day after?

yea the stop signs didn’t get me at all. Or at least didn’t run into those. I just Set the timer for 15 and made sure i could do it. I think I’m gonna up weight and lower the reps to get more bang for my buck….
4/15 is a good starting point.
If it doesn't feel like you're finding a stop sign feel free to test yourself by continuing till you find one, and use that as your bench mark for now.

Take it as a step load for a couple weeks or so. And when it feels easier, have a test day. find your next step load via bumping into a stop sign. (The book does a good job of listing these stop signs for you) as soon as you find your stop sign that's the new step load volume.

If you max out at 40 sets then finish up that step load till it feels easy, like the other ones, and then test again with the 6 rep sets.

Don't worry, the tonnage will catch up with you very soon

yea the stop signs didn’t get me at all. Or at least didn’t run into those. I just Set the timer for 15 and made sure i could do it. I think I’m gonna up weight and lower the reps to get more bang for my buck….
I started running AXE at the start of the year and Monday I hit 40 sets of 4 EMOM and I'm now going to go back to 6 x EMOM and work my way to 30 to 40 sets WITHOUT impacting a stopsign as next goal.

Every second or third session I deload due to all my other things I do (Jiujitsu, MMA, Muay Thai, EASY endurance and iron cardio) through the week.

I started running AXE at the start of the year and Monday I hit 40 sets of 4 EMOM and I'm now going to go back to 6 x EMOM and work my way to 30 to 40 sets WITHOUT impacting a stopsign as next goal.

Every second or third session I deload due to all my other things I do (Jiujitsu, MMA, Muay Thai, EASY endurance and iron cardio) through the week.
So it was 40 min total correct?

Yea that’s what i would Want to do honestly because i switch Between hardstyle and sport often but realizing the volume in sport is not something i can Handle while training. Just completely smoked. So when I’m training/competing HS for the win as far as transferring over to the mats.

So it was 40 min total correct?

Yea that’s what i would Want to do honestly because i switch Between hardstyle and sport often but realizing the volume in sport is not something i can Handle while training. Just completely smoked. So when I’m training/competing HS for the win as far as transferring over to the mats.
Yep, 40 minutes total (well 41 minutes given I did two sets of 5 goblet squats as a warmup then I started swinging kettlebells). I WAS gonna do IC right after but said, forget it since I'd already done both our morning MMA class and 160 swings and 10 goblet squats.

Yep, 40 minutes total (well 41 minutes given I did two sets of 5 goblet squats as a warmup then I started swinging kettlebells). I WAS gonna do IC right after but said, forget it since I'd already done both our morning MMA class and 160 swings and 10 goblet squats.
Damn IC AFTER axe?

Back
Top Bottom