all posts post new thread
no b/c Q&D you're focusing on max power output and probably not going to be able to do the same weight. I am on my 4th week of Q&D after 8 weeks of KBSF I was doing 2 days a week of C&J's and 2 days a week of swings

My swing weight for KBSF was mixing the 40kg &44kg on swings, currently on Q&D I'm using a 28kg and the 4th & 5th circuit in Q&D still are brutal for me especially on the 10 rep days... yesterday I did 5 circuits (033) mixing 10/2 & 5/4 with the 28kg 1H swing... the last series of swings I had to switch to 2H b/c I felt my power going
Can I ask what your C+J weight was on this program?

Last edited:
What is your single or double 24kg swing total in the :30? Your BW push up in :30? Your 24kg snatch in :30 each hand per the book? Same for testing your single or double C&J per the KBSF program? These numbers will help drive the program as it is your current baseline. Then, add in your goals. To be honest, make these weights light and move fast by becoming stronger and more explosive. Then, your breathing won't be a problem. So, pick one program and stay on it for 12 weeks. I'd suggest the KBSF swing and get up program followed by the single and then double C&J programs. Build the base here for 12 weeks and then switch to Q&D for 6-12 weeks. Rinse and repeat. A year from now, you will not recognize yourself or your current state of S&C in May 2023. Do you have the strength to do that? I hope you do.
The subtle challenge / motivation in your comment is appreciated!

I have been active from a young age and switched to KB from BB. I have mostly trained bodybuilding style and managed to build to a Sots press (from full squat) with double 32 KG X 10 reps and C+P with double 40 KG X 3 reps.
I have recently picked an injury (minor soft tissue, nearly healed), so I have done reading about training instead of actual training. This and some trivial events have made me realise that mindlessly chasing the heavier weights (bodybuilding style) doesnt benefit me without the endurance and power.
This has led me to Q&D and KBSF. I am currently doing Plan 015 (Q&D) with 16 KG as was suggested elsewhere on this forum as a way to break into Q&D. I am even thinking about going all way back to the basics and do KBSF followed by Q&D with 16 KG instead of 24 KG, like in 'milking' it before moving on to 24 KG.

I have never done C and J's.
I can do at least 10 Clean and Push Press (with double 24's). Breathing being the limiting factor in this, as I feel I could do more strength wise.
I would say KBSF the C&J part. I don't know why but i am not a fan of Swings. I always feel like i am wasting time i could use for presses (or in this case Jerks). IMO C&J are much more benefitial. Swings may be good to stay in shape. But the training factor is somekind of low in my eyes. I just did KBSF Swing part a few month ago. It was ok but RoP afterwards felt much much more rewarding and i regrett to not have done KBSF C&J part.

Back