all posts post new thread

Plan Strong - Programming Squats and Deadlifts

Thanks for the info. Here's what I'd do

1. Definitely stick to PS for the deadlift
2. Use easy strength or a daily dose deadlift type approach for the back squat (since you tested with 20kg prior, unless you gained over 10lbs practicing 24s and 28s for double bell squats can upkeep back squat strength in my experience)

Everything else Fabio mentioned is spot on..

Do you already have your snatch test in the bag or within striking distance??
Thanks for the advice mark, I actually injured my forearm first week back snatching (June), tried a new way of doing things and that didn't go well, so I have been slowly working my way back up to both arms being able to do the 24kg and 15 reps, now that's become possible this week, Im going to test early next week and see what's overall possible, Ive definitely felt like the past 2 weeks have started to feel better with the snatching of the 24kg. Im also going to test my Deadlift, that was a 130kg PB after SFB and not doing deadlift for around 9 months, I had more in the tank the day I did the PB, I felt great that day! Now I've done a block of deadlift I would be interested to see if I can get near the 145kg, If I did I would reduce DL to once a week until the Re-cert is done at the end of the month, meaning I could just focusing on swinging and snatching ideally before the test, then move onto spending the following 2 months with all BB lifts for SFL.

What other Certs push you to the level of thinking, planning and training that strong first do It really is the ultimate practical certification.

Back
Top Bottom