all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Morning

OS resets
Beach volleyball practice (offense - lot of jumping) ~1.5hrs

Afternoon
Beach volleyball coaching 1:15hrs
I had the players march for 16 meters as part of the prep section. One of them said she feels her entire body work. Good.

Morning

OS resets
Goblet squat @20kg x 5
HK halos @16kg x 5 + 5
Bent armbar @16kg x 3 + 3
Suitcase carry @32kg x 1 + 1

Throughout the day
Suitcase / rack carries @32kg x 1 + 1

Didn't keep count but probably get 8-10 each side in total. Once of the rack carries was 40kg with stacked 16kg+24kg. Awkward grip for stacked large bells...

Morning

Goblet squat @32kg x 5
Suitcase carry @32kg x 2 x (1 + 1)

Noon
OS resets & playing for strength at the beach x 20+ min
Baby crawling at the beach x 3, 3, 3, 2 [min] - last minute backwards (took total of 15 minutes)

Justa-fied Bent Pressing
Was suppose to start today but a friend needed my help so I was short on time and didn't want to squeeze in my first session. Should have dragged the kettlebell to the beach at noon. Will start tomorrow!

Baby crawling at the beach
3cCbtdSadeACeipicwWhWjozTdp6rLIQh1CcnTRdD4Q

Movement prep

OS resets
Goblet squat @20kg x 5

Justafied Bent Pressing - Cycle 1 / Day 1
Started a day after the intended starting date, but here we go. Will work the plan as written in Taming the Bent Press. @DavThew this is where I log it.

Outline:
  • Lift every other day (7 days in 2 weeks)
  • Weight: 20kg (70% of 28kg, heaviest under 70% from 32kg)
  • 30 set of singles in day 1, switching sides every set
  • 1 - 2 minutes rest between sets
  • Add 2 sets each side every training session
  • After a session of 50 sets (25 each side) recycle to 30 sets with the next bell up
Bent press @20kg x 30 x 1

Notes
  • Groove: First day bent pressing after 2 weeks. First 2-3 singles each side where just a little bit rusty. No rust since than, smooth groove on the rest. Actually felt like every rep is better than the previous one.
  • Rest periods: Fresh, Frequent, Flawless (From Movement). In the past I have done 20 singles in less than 10 minutes with good form and no serious fatigue. However, while using 1 minute rest periods makes a 30 singles session last around 40 minutes it highlights the Fresh part. This facilitates the Flawless part. Finished the session feeling fresh.

Last edited:
Good luck with this :) I look forward to seeing how it plays out.
This program is on my big long list of things I want to do over the next few years.

Noon
Movement prep

OS resets & playing for strength at the beach x 17 min

OS performance
Baby crawling at the beach x 4, 4:30 , 2 min - last minute backwards, session length - just under 13 minutes

Notes
  • OS performance: Seems like I incorporated it to my training, so lets make it official (and therefore make me accountable).

Movement prep

OS resets
Goblet squat @20kg x 5
Bent armbar @16kg x 3 + 3, 3 on R
Suitcase carry @32kg x 1 + 1

Justafied Bent Pressing - Cycle 1 / Day 2
Bent press @20kg x 34 x 1

Groove on L was great, on R not as smooth as last session (but still proper). Felt it during the armbars, should have done some more prep.

EDIT:
Night - Suitcase carry @44kg x 1 + 1 - Right side of neck felt tight, suitcase carries (and farmer carries) helps me put everything back in alignment

Last edited:
That's an awe inspiring sight: 34 x 1 Bent Presses. Very impressive!

While it's only my second day on the programs I have to say it is very meditative.

One movement, one bell, one repetition, one minute rest, repeat. Zero decisions to make, 100% focus on proper movement.

And the @Iron Tamer video about proper side rack setup which @Harald Motz posted lately really took my setup a step forward and therefore made everything smoother.

Morning

OS marching
32kg suitcase carry x 1 + 1
OS marching

Acroyoga Lesson #6 with the morning group
Some unofficial OS resets for prep before the lesson.
Good lesson. I felt very tied and was very precise.

Afternoon - at the beach
OS resets & playing-for-strength x 30 min

Some leopard stance cross-crawls
Baby crawling x 7:30 min , 2:30 min - last 1:30 backwards, session length - under 11 minutes

Some marching and walking

Notes
  • Leopard stance cross-crawls: First set was ridiculously challenging. Did some baby stance cross-crawls (easy) and than another better set in leopard stance (not ridiculous, just challenging).
  • Backward crawling: I have no idea who is the evil genius that invented backwards crawling. After a minute and a half of intense backwards crawling I took some time to reflect on what I have just done and figured the "genius" part. The "evil" part did not require any reflection :)

@Lee Hunt and @Swann 1, thank you very much!

It's kind of easy to be diligent with movement prep when you ingrain the FMS moto:
Move well. Move often

For me one of the great thing about this community is that everybody are strength practitioners, this inspires me greatly in my own journey - no way I would embark on a quest for justified bent pressing before I joined here (or for that matter know who Steve Justa is, or that bent press is not just some weird gimmick lift).

Morning

Beach volleyball practice ~1:30 hrs, Power attack - lots of jumping and over head work.
OS resets before the official "warm up"

Afternoon
Beach volleyball coaching ~1:30 hrs. General practice, reception, game management, some offence. Added some baby stance cross crawls and leopard stance cross crawls to the prep section.

Late evening (or early night, it was 20:50 when I started)
Movement prep

OS resets (did some rib pulls on the right side before rolling)
Goblet squat @20kg x 5

Justafied Bent Pressing - Cycle 1 / Day 3
Bent press @20kg x 38 x 1

That was 55 minutes of quiet* meditation :)

Groove: R - smooth and precise, L - smooooth (and precise). Right side is catching up with left side.

Loosening
Another round of between-set active rest, 3 lower body segmental rolls, light rib pulls.

Notes:

• Easy Strength: After the long day I was not sure what to except of the bent pressing session. The prep work was great (after all, the long day was constant movement) and the bent presses was probably best ever technique wise. This session definitely gave me more than it took.
  • Loosening: I like the fact that the loosening section take about 2-3 minutes. See Easy Strength.
  • Groove: It's only the third session, and it seems the L side kind flow by itself, and while R need some more focus the gap is being closed.
  • Meditative practice: This program is quite meditative and helps you focus deeply without try hard to focus deeply, it just flows. I had some lifts that I cleaned the bell and than just found myself looking at the bell in the lockout position.

Last edited:
Morning

OS resets
Suitcase carry @36kg x 1 + 1

Noon
Therapeutic acroyoga mini workshop. The tail end was a Thai massage session for the "patients", so I got like 15 minutes of massage :)

Throughout the dat
Rest. Much needed, I felt off my usual precision in the acroyoga workshop. Yesterday combination of offence practice and bent pressing was demanding. Will probably do some more OS resets before I go to sleep.

EDIT: A quick look at the food log showed I haven't been eating as usual the last two days (not enough proteins and vegetables). Probably a significant contributing factor to todays tiredness.

Last edited:
Morning

Marching
Farmer carry @64kg x 1 x 2 (out and back and out and back)
Marching
Marching
OS resets

Afternoon
Movement prep

OS resets
Goblet squat @20kg x 5

Justafied Bent Pressing - Cycle 1 / Day 4
Bent press @20kg x 42 x 1

At some of the presses on the right side I stayed static at the lockout position and emphasized thoracic extension and rotation (sort of an armbar). I hope it will help bring the smoothness there towards the left side.

Acroyoga beginners lesson #7
Learned the star pose and bat to star transition. Allot of fun and easier than it looks (at least as a base).

A while back the teacher asked me if I would like to do the group movement prep for this lesson. I obviously agreed. The lessons demands were hip mobility and strength, and body alignment and management (aren't those universal demands for everything??). I took the OS resets session I do in my own prep and modified it for a less experienced level in the rolls section. I think it worked well (I did the prep to the teacher before the lesson it she told she thinks it's very good).

Next week is the final lesson of the beginners class, beginners-plus will start on March (already registered).

Morning

OS resets

Night
Suitcase carry @48kg x 1 + 1 - stacked bells (16+32) awkward on the thigh
BU rack carry @16kg x 1 + 1
Waiter carry @16kg x 1 + 1
Rack carry @32kg x 1 + 1
Suitcase carry @32kg x 3 x (1 + 1) - continuous

Still windy so no crawling outside. Many distraction and lack of discipline later so just made sure I collect some quality loaded carries.

Morning

OS resets
Suitcase carry @32kg

Noon at the beach
Loaded walk @20kg - home to the beach

Movement prep
OS resets
Goblet squat @20kg x 5
Bent armbar @20kg x 1 + 1

Justafied Bent Pressing - Cycle 1 / Day 5
Bent press @20kg x 46 x 1

OS performance
Leopard crawl x 0:40 , 0:55 , 0:40 min - session length 4:30
Baby crawl x 3:40 min

Loaded walk @20kg - beach to home, 12 min - unloaded it takes me about 6-7 min

Notes
  • Armbars: Did the bent armbars with the 20kg, I like the 16kg x 3 better. @natewhite39 was right :). It took me a 2-3 singles to get proper groove on R.
  • Changing scenery: It took me about 8 - 10 singles to get into the meditative mood. The change in scenery was drastic :).
  • Crawling: Leopard crawling not good enough, should check it in a non bent press day and keep working with baby crawls.
  • Programing: Should keep the bent press days about bent press, and definitely not introducing new skills. The leopard crawling was out of focus so I can't really assess it based on today...

I only took pictures of the first 2 reps on R, before I smoothed the groove.
puJPvkGxQcAUIB6-VmFYrLG4Af2hOFMv0wkrkWuc1Ps

Last edited:
maybe you should bury a bell into the sand.
You are doing some fine work, Shahaf.

Thanks!

maybe you should bury a bell into the sand.

If I had two 20kg I would definitely find a place to keep one at the beach. This time of year has allot of wither very windy days (20-30 knots) or annoying rain. Rucking to the beach was fine, I just shouldn't add leopard crawls on top of that...

Morning

Marching + superman cross-crawls - haven't timed it, but around 3:00 min

Afternoon - beach
Movement prep

OS resets

OS performance
Baby crawling x 10:10 min

I guess yesterday weak time was do to the load of bent pressing and leopard crawling attempts... Next session I'll start to add some leopard crawls and backward baby crawls.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom