all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP support group

The first time I went through the ROP I used a 24. Did the 5x5 rungs and then repeated it using less rest. I actually then did a few weeks of no rest between rungs for a 5x5 heavy day.

I probably "wasted" time but in the end I got my 1/2 press.

Multiple ways of doing it. They all work.

Hey guys,

thought about doing RoP with the 28 anytime soon but for the sake of concenience use 28 for everything (swings are relatively easy @28 but I'd therefore do higher rep sets) and add double front squats after each ladder.

In detail:

Medium:
-RoP pressing ladders @28 + pullups
-5 front squats after every ladder @2x28
-1H swings @28

Light:
-Snatches @28

Heavy:
-1H swings @28

For variety mobility/stretches

Your thoughts?

Thank you! Only one more week to go with 701B.
Might switch to RoP after that and wirk on getting 5x1-2-3-4-5 with 28.

Rite of passage is a program I 've never used despite having read the ETK book a few times. In terms of following the programs do most people use the format laid out on page 150 or do they use the Anthony De L book.

Personally I like it best as it is laif out in the book (+ the added FSQ as mentioned above).
I like the "ranfom effect" of the dice.

I had the same issue. Eventually I just began to skip the swings all together and went for a walk.

Same issue for me. I've only run the 16kg so far with the 20 slated next, but when the pressing sessions got longer, anything additional felt like too much. Not to mention the time commitment is significant. I would often warm up, do the presses, and call it quits. Still feel much stronger after the program. Maybe running the swings A+A style could help?

Why in the summary page 150 in ETK does it list the Wednesday workout as loaded cleans etc and previously in the book the medium day listed pressing ladders??

Just completed my first week of RoP with a 24kg kettlebell. Some initial thoughts:
  • Schedule -- Mon. (L), Tues. (V), Wed. (M), Thurs. (V), Friday (OFF), Sat. (H), Sun (OFF)
    • The L, M, H days spread out like this fit really well with my current schedule
  • Variety days -- Really look forward to these days having done S&S for the last 6 months. Planning on doing variety sessions in sort of Easy Strength model. Same few exercises picking new ones every couple weeks. Right now I'm doing Deadlifts and TGUs now but future selection will be focused on filling in movement patterns outside of the press + pull format of the C&P and Sw/Sn. DJs "The Eagle" seems like a really good idea here.
  • The volume jumps later on in the program give me a very similar feeling to reading about the Simple goal earlier this year, "No way in hell am I going to be able to do that." I'm excited to work the plan for the first time and get past that feeling.
  • I went with my 3RM weight for pull ups this week but after C&P with attention to pull the bell down after each rep, I could only do two pull ups in between rungs. Likely going to need to back off of those later in the program.
  • My food bill is going to increase.
Cheers.

Guys,

recently I rediscovered my passion for OAPU.
Was wondering: would it distract from presses if I did OAPU 1x/week @5x2 or 3x3 (assuming my max is 4-5 reps).
Like so:

Mo: off
Tue: RoP light
Wed:OAPU + stretch/mobility
Thu: off
Fr: RoP medium
Sat: stretch/mobility
Sun: RoP heavy

Back
Top Bottom