all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Untimed Session
Swings:
32, 32, 40, 40, 40, 40, 32, 32, 32, 32,
Rest.
TGU: 5 each side with 32. with floor
10 floor press with 24 each side.

I had sort of been planning my training around getting surgery on my nose (septoplasy) to clear out cartilage as knew that I’d would probably have a week or so off post surgery to recover. Unfortunately, this was scheduled for yesterday and I was in a gown in the waiting room but was bump off the schedule for the day with no new date yet.
My next known disruption will be a family holiday in 3 weeks so think the above training will be my go to until then which will have given me 6-7 weeks at this level but with the goal of doing a session of 5 doubles TGUs each side.
Will hopefully solidify and be able to move on after the holiday. Would have great to take my 32 with me but don’t think it will be doable in a camper van!
Good luck with the surgery.

Back to it today after what was effectively a deload week. Felt good going in and had planned on doing double reps on the Get Ups. However, swings felt good on sets 2&3 of the swings so push the 40 to the 4th set.

Whilst my mobility sessions haven't been as regular as i'd like CARS & a hip session last night got me feeling limber this morning.

Today’s Timed session:
Swings: 32,32,40,40,40,40,40,40,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.
TGU: 6 each side + floor press with 32 EMOM

CARS & a few stretches tonight in front of the TV.

Today’s Timed session:
Swings: 32,32,40,40,40,40,40,40,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.
TGU: 5 each side + floor press with 32 EMOM

Birthday workout for me today. Usually I do some kind of press or getup pr or repeat of pr to make myself feel better but sadly this year as I'm now 38 my age is higher than my current ability! So have kept it simple and gone with the planned workout. I did however clean the 40 each side and went very easily into the rack so a small win there. My leg drive is getting much better and actually my quads a a bit sore right now from the swings. My daughter pick our a massage roller for me so that may come in handy later on.

Plan to eat plenty to recover with BBQ for lunch and who knows what my wife has organised for dinner.

Today’s Timed session:
Two handed Swings: 32,32,40,40,40,40,40,40,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.

Went with two handed swings as had a bit of a sore hip but didn't give me any issues anyway.
Felt good and glad I got off the couch to do it.

Weigh is still 80.5.....but will reign the food in this week.

Today’s Timed session:
1 handed Swings: 32,32,40,40,40,40,40,40,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.

No warm up as didn’t have time but felt good nonetheless. With TGU I really focus on grounding my feet to not make allowances anywhere.

Weight is 81

Today’s Timed session:
1 handed Swings: 32,32,40,40,40,40,40,40,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.

Good session for 2nd day in a row only seemed to lose a bit of power on the last set of 40s. Don’t know if it’s a good thing and may be the cold but my appetite seems to be increasing with the intensity.

Weight is 81

Kind of a failure today.

60 swings with 32
40 swings with 40

I had good intentions but quickly realised my head wasn’t in the game. It is Friday night after all. I’d been good and taken my wife out for a drink in the late afternoon and drove her home although she’d only had two herself. Got home and got kids a quick dinner and got them off to bed so was finally ready about 7.30. Swings weren’t going up as well as usual so just did them and got out.
Tomorrow is another day so will relax and come back fresh. Need to realise that it’s ok to drop the weight sometimes!

Body felt more refreshed this morning so decided to finish what I started.

Today’s session:
Warmed up with some light GS and armbars.
TGU:
1 + 1 @ 20kg
5 doubles each side + floor press with 32

Was a good result as started off a bit lethargic but made myself another coffee between sets and was energised straight away.
Had been aiming to get 5 double reps for TGUs so feels great to have knocked it off as have shifted focus more to swings for now.

Seems like it's been ages! Had nice holiday away with the family and now need to so sort of normality with eating and exercise despite my best efforts was 84.5kg which is way too much for me.

I had already planned on doing a squat mobility program for the next 60 days designed by TC Lee at Get Indestructibly Strong - Indestructibly STRONG. I've trained with him whilst living in Perth and he helped me to a half bodyweight press 40kg so has form.

Last two days I've done mobility training which is based on Kinstretch. Additionally, today I did swings with 32 a la S&S. Attempted TGUs but have a sore left elbow yet again and I said no.

Looking forward to see where this program takes my bodyweight squat and glad the load isn't so huge my other practice doesn't need to fall by the wayside when I need it most!

Day off except CARS yesterday.

Todays Session:
Warmup with CARS

1 handed Swings: 32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32 EMOM
1 minute rest.
TGU: 5 each side with 32 EMOM
Forgot to do 10 floor press with 24 each side ?‍♀️

Looking forward to a mobility session tonight but off to work for now.

Surgery was cancelled yet again on Thursday.
Back to the waiting list.

Friday: went mountain biking in the morning then mobility at night.

Saturday: Just mobility at night.

Sunday Session:
Most of my mobility in the morning
1 minute rest.

After a bit more Mobility but need to do hips pails/rails tonight as left side was screaming when I initiated the first set with cramp.

Todays Session:
1 minute rest.

Just got it done today as not feeling that great but happy with the result.

Had my first BJJ session on Monday night and was a bit of an eye opener. I definitely felt what I’m doing helped but I was definitely gassed out by the end of the hour session. Will try again as it appeals to me in the same way that s&s does as appears simple but when you break it down is very complex.

Still undecided if I will keep going in the long term as thought I shouldn’t just send my kids with no idea of what they were getting into.

Was a great workout but I didn’t want to get out of bed the next morning! Once I got moving was sweet though.

Todays Session:
1 minute rest.

Actually felt pretty easy and was moving well due to CARS/Kinstretch exercises before hand no fatigue for yesterday’s session even they were less than a day apart so it must mean I’m we’re I’m supposed to be for daily practice.

Tonight i’ll be doing Kinstretch for my hips. Doing my sessions in parts as can be a bit long winded all at once.

Forgot to log yesterday’s activity:

1 minute rest.

plus mobility course last day of week 3.
Finding my ankles and hips seem looser in general.

Finally getting back into KB training after a month off with surgery. Have been using the recovery time wisely and doing the Indestructibly Strong mobility program throughout. Just completed week 7 which I will repeat as flexibility in ankles isn’t quite there and then on to the final week of the program.

Both strength and cardio fitness are obviously down but mobility is probably at an all time adult high.

This is my second session in and as I can now breathe through my nose I am only nasal breathing during the swing portion by having a sip of water in my mouth. Looking forward to the benefits of proper breathing.

Session Untimed
Swings: 24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24
TGU: 24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24

Session Untimed
Swings: 24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24
TGU: 24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24,24

Yesterday’s session managed to get through whole thing with nasal breathing. Unfortunately, my recurring elbow pain is back so will need to try and sort that out. Will give a couple of days rest and reassess.

It turns out my elbow pain is burstitis so have been advise by physio to basically rest it. Because of this pretty much any exercise I would normally do is ruled out. I’m not much of a runner but have given that a go, I enjoy rucking but my exercise time is normally at night so not ideal but can do at weekends.
Anyway, I made it down to the local globo gym and did some backsquats tonight and they felt better than they ever have for wise due to all the FRC work I’ve been putting in.

Today’s session
Warmup with 2*5 reps @60kgs
Then 6*5reps @80kgs
Was aiming for 5 sets but felt like I had another one in me.

Then 3 * Farmers walk with 36kg each side. Grip was the limit factor on these.

no issues with elbow so will probably be repeating.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom