all posts post new thread

Getting started, but i need a workout plan and some help

metshii

First Post
hey guys.

First of all, y'all should know what i want to reach. I want to loose a bit of weight (maybe about 5kgs) and build some muscle (nothing too crazy, but get in form) and dont have access to a gym-membership, so my only options: cardio (running, rope jumping) and calisthenics. I have a calisthenics/workout park 200m away from here so thats not a problem. But I dont have a plan where to start and how to start. I searched up for a nutrition and workout plan but got overwhelmed so it would be really nice if i can get help from this website. I have 0 calisthenic experience but i have some cardio experience and was able to loose weight before (calorie deficit). More informations abt me: height: 183cm / weight: 76kg / age: 17

So I need some tipps and a workout plan --> like switching up cardio with calisthenics and which excercise could help (overall body) etc... (I got plenty of time, so that shouldnt be a problem,), where do I start and how can i go further.

I would be really grateful for anyone that could help me (even the slightest help would be great)

hey guys.

First of all, y'all should know what i want to reach. I want to loose a bit of weight (maybe about 5kgs) and build some muscle (nothing too crazy, but get in form) and dont have access to a gym-membership, so my only options: cardio (running, rope jumping) and calisthenics. I have a calisthenics/workout park 200m away from here so thats not a problem. But I dont have a plan where to start and how to start. I searched up for a nutrition and workout plan but got overwhelmed so it would be really nice if i can get help from this website. I have 0 calisthenic experience but i have some cardio experience and was able to loose weight before (calorie deficit). More informations abt me: height: 183cm / weight: 76kg / age: 17

So I need some tipps and a workout plan --> like switching up cardio with calisthenics and which excercise could help (overall body) etc... (I got plenty of time, so that shouldnt be a problem,), where do I start and how can i go further.

I would be really grateful for anyone that could help me (even the slightest help would be great)
Can you do a pull-up? A pushup? What is your current cardio activity?

If you are starting, my advice would be to keep it simple - there plenty of experienced coaches here like John above you will get you going in the right direction.

Don't try and find the perfect program that ticks all the boxes, right now you just need something to develop your strength and the habit of training. If you're 17 then you've got years and years ahead of you to nail looking like a Greek God and doing inhuman feats of strength.

You could try this program, link from the author himself. I had fun doing phase 1. You could start there and build up momentum to get through phase 2-3. Al and Danny have plenty of calisthenics material available.

Or else have a look at Naked Warrior book and SF Bodyweight online course. You could add Hardstyle Abs book in there if you are more book than online course.

Fitness FAQs is a great calisthenics ressource also. Daniel has a beginner's program for free somewhere if I remember correctly. Great youtube channel.

That Al Kavadlo book is a good one.

Armour of War is another good program.

The Recommended Routine at r/bodyweightfitness is another good one. It's based on the book Overcoming Gravity, which is pretty much the bible for calisthenics training leaning towards self-taught gymnastics.

And recently I read a book called The Prio System that I think is one of the best approaches to calisthenics I've seen in awhile, though you'll have to program your own leg exercises.

However, I have to say I've really fallen in love with the entire BuiltStrong concept, so I would look into that first and foremost. Here's a strength-oriented version of the program (as BuiltStrong has an emphasis on hypertrophy):

hey guys.

Strong first articles have many great articles on calisthenics. The proper execution of the exercises (one of the best in detail I have ever seen and for free)

You can check this program, and search for all exercises separately again in articles.

When I first got into fitness I used to do just pushups and pullups.
But if you can get a Kettlebell and do some Swings and Presses, that is a great simple start.

Pullups, pushups, dips, OHP, squats, and deadlifts or swings would cover almost anything. I would recommend a simple progression with an every other day workout with upper on one day and lower on the other.

A. Squats, DL, Pullups
B. Push-ups, Dips, OHP
C. KB swings on the off days.

Rotate A, off, B, off, A, off...or
A, B, off, off, A, B...or
A, B, off, off, A, off ,B, off...
Place C in any off day

Reps and sets would be much harder to program without knowing what you are doing but in general OHP, squats and DL 4x5. Pullups, dips, pushup a ladder (3,3,3,3 then 3,3,3,4, then 3,3,4,4...) up to a certain goal 8,8,8,8 and then add resistance and drop the reps to half and start again

Back
Top Bottom