all posts post new thread

Mars Attacks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
We had a long weekend and because I went hiking I skipped Monday.

Log Nr. 2, Day 26:
Morning
Warmup
2H Swings: 28kg 10x10
TGU: 28kg 5x1 per arm

I had no time before work but got off from work a bit early and could do my training session right after coming home. On my 4th or 5th swing set I managed to rip a callus in my left hand a little bit. It's not bad and I think I will be able to continue to train. Maybe even using a glove. But it is annoying anyways. Especially given that I am using a competition KB with a smooth steel handle.

Log Nr. 2, Day 27:
Afternoon
Warmup
1H Swings: 28kg 10x10

I cut away some of the loose skin on my torn callus and experienced no issues doing 2 handed swings. But the thin skin underneath still feels very tender and I think I will weak gloves tomorrow when doing one handed swings.

Log Nr. 2, Day 28:
Afternoon
Warmup

Today I wore gloves to protect my little injury while doing 1H swings.

Log Nr. 2, Day 29:
Morning
Warm Up

I still wore gloves today. My tear is pretty much healed and hand lotion has helped a lot in making my skin less dry. But better safe than sorry. Gripping the KB with a glove feels more awkward and a bit harder anyways.

Log Nr. 2, Day 31:
Morning

Still using a glove just to make sure the skin can heal completely. I have been cutting away skin from my callus and it looks like I will have mostly new skin in a week or so. Tomorrow will be this weeks last training session and next week I will start training without gloves again.

Other than that training is going well. The off brand competition KB still feels a bit awkward in the TGU. But I have gotten used to the weight of the 28kg KB and I can do the training sessions pretty comfortably.

Log Nr. 2, Day 33:
Morning
Warmup

Ok, made up last weeks missed day. But added another this week. Anyways, I am done for the week.

Log Nr. 2, Day 34:
Morning

God, I was so tired this morning. I skipped my warm up and just did some light swings instead.
Log Nr. 2, Day 35:
Morning
16kg swings 25x2

Skipped yesterday. Today I tried some 2 hole gymnastic leather grips to protect my skin. They work pretty well with the swing but encourage you to grab the KB handle deeper in your hand. So it is likely you will develop some bad habits when going back to normal. I will use them for now and reevaluate later.

Log Nr. 2, Day 36:
Morning
Warmup

Today I used the leather grips without putting my fingers through the holes and my grip felt more solid than yesterday.

Log Nr. 2, Day 37:
Morning
Warmup

Monday was the last day at the office for a while. Lock Down 2.0 and 3 weeks home office. Awesome...

And it looks like my initial goal of being able to train with the 32kg KB around Christmas will be a bit delayed. A 32kg KB will still be my Christmas present for myself. But the 28kg takes a lot longer to get used to than I expected. Even though I was breezing through my training sessions with the 24+2.5kg KB, the 28kg competition bell keeps challenging me and requires much more focus. I don't know if it is because a competition bell handles differently than my cast iron 24kg KB. But I will wait another week before I tape a 1.25kg plate to the 28kg KB.

Log Nr. 2, Day 39:
Morning
Warm Up

Log Nr. 2, Day 40:
Evening
Warm Up

Log Nr. 2, Day 41:
Evening
Warm Up

Log Nr. 2, Day 42:
Evening

Log Nr. 2, Day 43:
Midday
Warm Up

Log Nr. 2, Day 45:
Afternoon
Warmup
TGU: 28kg 4x1 per arm (had to interrupt my training session and went right to stretches afterwards)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom