all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Optimizing Performance: Feedback on My Two-Arm Swing & Turkish Get-Up

noezway

First Post
Hey everyone,

I'm in week 4 of the Simple & Sinister program and focusing on refining my two-arm swing and Turkish get-up techniques. Below are videos of my current form. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and tips for improvement. Let me know if better camera angles will help. As you can see I was in a public gym lol. Thank you.

Hey everyone,

I'm in week 4 of the Simple & Sinister program and focusing on refining my two-arm swing and Turkish get-up techniques. Below are videos of my current form. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and tips for improvement. Let me know if better camera angles will help. As you can see I was in a public gym lol. Thank you.
Hi Noezway!

I agree with @Mark Limbaga that they look pretty safe already. I few ideas for you to improve:

Swing:
  • keep your vertical plank until the very last moment. Play chicken with the kettlebell. You are bending your knees early.
  • That looks like a heavy weight. Allow yourself to go lighter during the learning process, if needed.
  • Look for the kettlebell towel swing drill. Might help you with the hinge and timing. Also liked Mark video above.

Get up:

• I would do it more slowly and give yourself more time between arms. Pause for a second at every position. In this exercise doing it fast is actually counterproductive.
  • Try to do a better aligned tripod. The kneeling leg should point to the arm. Also, do a more defined hinge.
  • Keep the wrist more engaged, straight with the arm like a punch.

Hi Noezway!

I agree with @Mark Limbaga that they look pretty safe already. I few ideas for you to improve:

Swing:
  • keep your vertical plank until the very last moment. Play chicken with the kettlebell. You are bending your knees early.
  • That looks like a heavy weight. Allow yourself to go lighter during the learning process, if needed.
  • Look for the kettlebell towel swing drill. Might help you with the hinge and timing. Also liked Mark video above.

Get up:

• I would do it more slowly and give yourself more time between arms. Pause for a second at every position. In this exercise doing it fast is actually counterproductive.
  • Try to do a better aligned tripod. The kneeling leg should point to the arm. Also, do a more defined hinge.
  • Keep the wrist more engaged, straight with the arm like a punch.
Thanks. The exact feedback I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom