StrongFirst Podcast Episode #18
Dr. Jimmy Yuan is a chiropractor balancing the world between medical rehabilitation and sports training. Dr. Yuan trains professional golfers, MLB, NFL, NBA, and college athletes. In addition to being a StrongFirst Team Leader, he is a Titleist Certified Golf Fitness Instructor and FMS Instructor. In this episode, Dr. Yuan talks about rehabilitation and training professional athletes.
01:08 — Dr. Yuan gives a background of his athletic history and how he’s re-invigorated his athletic endeavors.
01:56 — Dr. Yuan’s degree is neuroscience-based psychobiology and went on to get his doctorate.
03:22 — Dr. Yuan talks about his team approach to success.
08:10 — Differences between training a golfer vs. another athlete.
13:00 — How all of his tools fit together.
22:10 — How to use and implement clubs.
26:23 — What is ELDOA and why is it beneficial?
31:50 — The difference between traditional acupuncture and dry needling.
34:24 — The neck being an important area when he does his chiropractic work.
37:30 — Having fun while working.
- Many things you’ll learn are environmentally dependent, you have to assess the whole situation.
- Training, like life, has to happen at speed.
- Keep in mind the problem someone has, but find out what they need.
- “You need to make sure you have some gamification and get the competitive juices flowing.” — Dr. Jimmy Yuan
- “Competition and life are happening at speed, so your training should too.” — Dr. Jimmy Yuan
- “Let experience be your teacher and let creativity be your goal.” — Dr. Jimmy Yuan