StrongFirst Podcast Episode – 02
In this 2nd episode of “StrongFirst,” the official podcast of the StrongFirst School of Strength, hosts Craig Marker and Scott Iardella interview Brett Jones, Chief SFG Instructor and Director of Education at StrongFirst. Brett has been teaching kettlebells for over 15 years. He discusses the principles of strength, and how it applies to the kettlebell, barbell, and bodyweight exercises.
- 01:51 – Brett Jones’ job at StrongFirst is Chief SFG Instructor and Director of Education.
- 02:52 – Bodyweight courses are about how you manipulate your bodyweight and your leverages.
- 06:17 – “Power to the People” book by Pavel Tsatsouline became key reading to Brett.
- 08:04 – Move well enough to adapt to the stresses your body will be placed under when training.
- 11:09 – The kettlebell is good for moves like get-ups, presses, swings, and snatches.
- 22:28 – Brett’s training with 10 sets of one kettlebell swings.
- 27:50 – The tools and skills are scaled and customized to the individual.
- 32:59 – Nothing replaces having a personal trainer.
- 34:25 – Proper programming should have you recovering from your training.
- 40:17 – Plan Strong is a graduate-level course in programming—as intensity goes up, volume goes down.
- 44:50 –Brett is reading the “The Spinning Magnet” book.
- 49:10 – There is a plethora of videos, forum community support, articles, instructors, and courses available on the StrongFirst website.
Tweetable QuotesBodyweight courses are really about how you manipulate your bodyweight and your leverages in order to train more of a max strength. - Brett Jones. Click To Tweet
Rdella Training Podcast – Scott’s Podcast